cleve_thompson

Well Known Member
I have GRT Hor I EFIS, a TT Digiflight II with GPSS, and a GNS 430W. I have been struggling to do a coupled full approach with the GRT Hor I until yesterday when I loaded the new Ver 32 software. BOY! What a difference! After making a General Setup change, I jumped in the RV9A and set the altitude preselect, and loaded a LPV approach that required a tear drop entry for a holding pattern course reversal, pushed a few buttons on the PFD/HSI, turned on the A/P and flew the entire approach hands off down to the DH! The needles were right on during the entire approach. I left the EFIS sending directions to the A/P and the directions were right on!

The altitude preselect is a great feature as is the GPS Steering and they now pay off with the new software. All I had to do was watch the trim and air speed.

The combination of the 430W which not only gives you GPS WAAS approaches but now sends instructions to the EFIS for holds, procedure turns, etc and the Hor I with ARINC wired properly is hard to beat. I am glad I sprung for the WAAS upgrade on the GNS 430!

Your Panel

Hi Cleve,
I went on your web site looking for a photo of your panel. Could you post a photo of your panel to there or here? I'd like to see your panel.
Sounds like you are beginning to really enjoy your RV.
Don

Here is a picture of the panel that now pleases me

Here is a picture of my panel. The EIS engine analyzer is off camera to the right. I had to do quite a bit of altering the middle panel brace on the slider, but I think that it is strong. I might want to update my standard resolution GRT EFIS to Hi Rez but I don't know if I will have room. I like the 396 mounted where it is so that I can keep up with weather. I think that I should have put the AOA Sport annunciator more in line of sight.
fullifrpanelgrtefisgsn4hf8.jpg

RV-9A Panel

Cleve,
Thanks for posting the photo.
There are a lot of things I like about your panel. It seems very practical to me. Wish I were at the point of selecting avionics. I'm just trying to finish up my compressed air line in my shop so I can get back on the empennage. :eek:
Have a good weekend!
Don