We're planning on flying down to the gulf coast area the 1st week of march. Pensacola area. Any info or advice, where to stay, what to do, dealing with the MOA's in that area. I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Tim

I fly from Georgetown to Marianna (about 100 miles east of Pensacola) fairly regularly.

There are a ton of MOA's in the area, just about impossible to get across the panhandle without going through them. I always use flight following and it has been a non-issue.

-Dan

Best aviation Museum in the Country

Just a personal opinion, but you shouldn't miss a tour of the museum on NAS Pensacola. Take a guided tour- the docents are all retired Navy, and you'll miss a great deal if you just wander on your own. Also, check out Pensacola Beach- if you turn right (west) the road ends at a park where you can take a very long walk on the white sand. There's a number of good restaurants in town (as well as a couple on the beach) to choose from. While not as warm as southern Florida, Pensacola is one of my favorite spots in the state.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

I fly into P-cola a few times a year to visit the in-laws. I use flight following and the MOA's are not a problem - but I do try to skirt some of the ones that I don't have to fly through.

The folks at Pensacol aviation are very friendly. I try to fill up with 100LL around Shreveport where the gas is cheaper. I always buy 10-15 gallons at Pensacola aviation to get a free night on the tie-downs.

If you're going to get a rental car, their on-site Enterprise car are fairly expensive. However, if you rent with Hertz, you can make the reservation with Hertz at the main terminal and then call the Hertz desk and tell them you want to pick the car up at Pensacola Aviation. I've done that a couple of times and the folks at both Hertz and at P-cola Aviation are very helpful.