I flew into Ferguson 82J last year. Very close to the NAS. pre-arranged enterprise to come get us. Worked out fine and kept the RV there for 5 days. The airfield has a helpful web-site about getting in. The airfield is nothing fancy. Mostly a work-station for heliocopters and a few airplanes. You'll see on the sectional pattern alt. is 500ft.

When you look at the sectional for that area you realize you are in military aviation Mecca. Just enter from the North and make a quick turn after take off back to the North.

Last edited:
I took a look and it would be a good field for a visit but I saw no reference to a airpark. Do they have a through the fence type setup?
George

Ferguson has some houses on the East side with hangars. Other than that I'm not aware of any directly in Pensacola. The closest to town would be up north in Milton Ranch airport J22. Further east are Holt Yellow River FD93 and Baker SkyRanch 18FD. There are also a couple west of Pensacola in Baldwin County, AL. Shields AL55 and Collier Airpark 2AL1. I have a place at Shields AL55. PM me if you want some more information.

Rocky

Thanks for all the suggestions. Planning a trip that way and the only thing I could find was one near Tyndall AFB. The peninsula is full of airparks but the panhandle not so much.
George

ferguson is a great place, cheap(er) gas, gorgeous field, run by old WWII pilot, family run business. KPNS is very expensive.