FlyGuy

"Pelican?s Landing re-opens today Wednesday June 18 and will be serving dinner. Please check our website for hours at www.cedarmills.com.

Shannon Clark
Cedar Mills Marina
www.cedarmills.com"

Thanks Shannon.

My son is part of a group that takes handicapped kids fishing on Texhoma. I think it is July 9th. I think my job description is hook baiter or something like that.
I plan on having my feet under one of your tables during that time frame. GREAT NEWS!!

Pelican's Landing Open for Breakfast & Lunch too

Cedar Mills is one of my favorite breakfast and lunch spots and I've been anxiously waiting for the restaurant to reopen. I stopped by today and was pleased to see it is open again for breakfast - lunch - dinner and the place looks better than ever.

For those that don't know, the restaurant -- Pelican's Landings -- wasn't even a suitable perch for the pesky birds after last summer's torrential rains and flooding at Lake Texoma. The owner has rebuilt. And done a great makeover in the process.

I'm not trying to write a commercial for them but I thought those of you who have missed visiting this spot would like to see a few photos of the new, drier restaurant. Might make you hungry.

Nice new entry:

Built a bit higher this time:

New layout for the main dining area:

Nice Bar area:

A private banquet room with stage. Perhaps "Doug and the Sluggers" will be performing soon:

Nice porch for watching the boats:

The hours are RV friendly:

I was told it will be open for Breakfast, Friday July 4 also.

So if you liked the old Pelican's Landing, I think you'll really enjoy the new.

And yes, Cedar Mills airstrip is there and in the best shape I can remember:

Built-in crosswind: still there
Grass: Deeper and softer than ever
The tree: still there...and waiting...for you!!!

Chris

Cedar Mills

Chris,

Thanks for the report!

I noticed in one of the pics that it looked like they had a buffet set up.
Do you know if they are going back to having breakfast buffets like they did several years ago before they changed it to "holiday only" buffets?

Glad it's back open! We've been needing somewhere else for our breakfast & lunch hops. :)

Chris,

Thanks for the report!

I noticed in one of the pics that it looked like they had a buffet set up.
Do you know if they are going back to having breakfast buffets like they did several years ago before they changed it to "holiday only" buffets?

Glad it's back open! We've been needing somewhere else for our breakfast & lunch hops. :)

Mike:

Yes, they have breakfast buffet. Every Saturday and Sunday morning.

Chris