Davepar

Well Known Member
I was browsing Odyssey's web site for info on the PC680 and noticed they sell a nice looking aluminum hold down for the battery. It's going for $40 at Summit Racing--cheaper than Van's $50 steel hold down. Anybody used it? It's supposedly less than a pound. How much does Van's hold down weigh???

The only drawback to it is it looks like you have to remove the whole box to get the battery out. Removing the battery should be a once every 1-2 years operation, though.

Dave

Heres the one I got from Spruce for $22.
PANEL%20184.jpg

PANEL%20185.jpg

It is interesting that the literature that comes with the PC680 battery states that it should have 2 or 3 inches of airspace all around the battery for cooling. These batteries get pretty warm while charging or discharging.

All that said, I have been operating this same battery in an enclosed case in my race car for the last 5 years. Usually, I drain it flat a couple too many times in a year and have to replace it after a year or sometimes two years. I'm on my third battery now.

Just some food for thought. We have the same battery for our "8" in the crate, but not sure about mounting yet.
Cheers, Pete