alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
I just purchased a Odyssey battery from a local source (much cheaper than Vans, Spruce, or Wick's, btw) and noticed that the terminal bolts are 6mm. The terminals I got from SteinAir for 2AWG cable have 1/4" holes, which is significantly larger than 6mm. Do I need to find different terminals with 6mm holes or is a little bit of slop acceptable here?

I also understand that there is a thread adapter to go from 6mm to 3/8 SAE. However, I can't find it listed anywhere, including the Wick's site that mentions that it exists.

Thanks.

Conversions

I just purchased a Odyssey battery from a local source (much cheaper than Vans, Spruce, or Wick's, btw) and noticed that the terminal bolts are 6mm. The terminals I got from SteinAir for 2AWG cable have 1/4" holes, which is significantly larger than 6mm. Do I need to find different terminals with 6mm holes or is a little bit of slop acceptable here?

I also understand that there is a thread adapter to go from 6mm to 3/8 SAE. However, I can't find it listed anywhere, including the Wick's site that mentions that it exists.

Thanks.

Are your numbers correct??

6 mm is 0.2362 inches. - only 0.0138 inches less than a 1/4 inch.

Seems that Stein's terminals should work quite well. The cable terminals are built with quite a bit of slop in them already.

gil A - got the calculator out...:)