13brv3

Well Known Member
Greetings,

Has anyone mounted a PC680 battery in the rear location using one of Van's PC 680 Install kits? Is this suitable for floor mounting, or just firewall mounting?

My decision of battery location changes daily BTW :D

Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty,

I used the "stock" battery pan from Van's, mounted to the drawing location in the aft. All I did to adapt it to the PC680 was to rivet on some angles at the appropriate spots to hold the bottom of the battery securely. The standard hold-down bolts and cross-piece worked fine. I didn't see a need to do any more engineering than that!

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I put a Concord battery back there on the first RV-8, so I'm familiar with the mounting of that tray. This one will have an autopilot pitch servo toward the front end of the bellcrank mounting brackets, and may crowd out the larger battery tray. I figured the PC680 could still mount in that area, since the tray wouldn't have to be as wide.

I just happened to have my battery out on the bench. This is how I mounted
it. Access is pretty limited with the baggage comp. all together. I didn't want
that battery going anywhere.
battery17jm.jpg

Paul Danclovic

Thanks for the pictures guys. I still have no idea what the PC680 battery mount from Van's looks like, but it looks really easy to convert the standard tray to something that fits. I'm sure that's what I'll do, and move it forward just a bit to clear the AP servo.

Cheers,
Rusty