Rick6a

Well Known Member
I'm seeking ideas for the best headset jack placement and when not in use...headset stowage for the rear seater. What works for you? Pictures would be great.

I'll have to dig up pictures of my jacks - too hard to describe before coffee in the morning, but obviously placed.

Headset storage when you don't have a passenger? The forward baggage compartment......I so rarely have a back-seater that I only pull the headset out when I have to - less cockpit clutter that way!

Paul

Thanks Paul, looking forward to your pictures. As for stowage, I was envisioning a scenario in which you and the back seater are temporarily deplaned, such as when eating that triple digit hamburger. :)

Last edited:
I thought about mounting the rears on the aft most portion of the F-817's, maybe right side. I don't have the receptacles yet but using my headset plugs as a ref., it seems there is enough clearance.

OK Rick - cardinal rule of build photos - you always have every picture but the one someone wants to see!

Basically, my jacks are on the right side, high up on the 806 bulkhead, so that the passenger plugs are horizontal, with the headset cord trailing aft. The wires for the jacks are hidden behind the F-817 plate this way. I mounted the mic, speaker, and audio input jacks one above the other, and put a cigarette lighter socket underneath them, so you can plug in passenger accessories, like another GPS, MP3, seat heater, etc.....

Haven't had any problem with this mount, and the wires are out of the way.

Paul

Mine are installed exactly the way Paul describes and I am very happy with the installation.

Jerry
RV-8 N84JE

Ironflight said:
OK Rick - cardinal rule of build photos - you always have every picture but the one someone wants to see!

Basically, my jacks are on the right side, high up on the 806 bulkhead, so that the passenger plugs are horizontal, with the headset cord trailing aft. The wires for the jacks are hidden behind the F-817 plate this way. I mounted the mic, speaker, and audio input jacks one above the other, and put a cigarette lighter socket underneath them, so you can plug in passenger accessories, like another GPS, MP3, seat heater, etc.....

Haven't had any problem with this mount, and the wires are out of the way.

Paul