pierre smith

Well Known Member
...on Thursday, 21st. What a great guy, still quite mobile at 90, and full of love and appreciation of what EAA has become. A huge turnout of airplanes at their monthly EAA meeting, with parking provided by the chapter 288 members.

A big success and opportunity to meet the "Father" of EAA.

Thanks to all,

Good news

There are two books that all of us "homebuilders" should read. One is Jon Johanson's "Aiming High" and the other is "Poberezny: the story begins." Thanks for sharing this latest event in the life of this extraordinary man. I have received personal correspondence from him but I have never met him - I envy you.

Bob Axsom

I and a couple of the other guys were wondering...

...if EAA chapter numbers fall in their sequence of becoming established, so I asked Paul. He said, yes, that his is #1, Riverside, Ca, I believe.

Ours is 172 (Augusta, Ga) and Spruce Creek, Florida is #288, because the Augusta chapter was formed pretty soon after the EAA was started.

Best,

...if EAA chapter numbers fall in their sequence of becoming established, so I asked Paul. He said, yes, that his is #1, Riverside, Ca, I believe.

Ours is 172 (Augusta, Ga) and Spruce Creek, Florida is #288, because the Augusta chapter was formed pretty soon after the EAA was started.

Best,

Chapter 18 is the original EAA organization, It existed prior the establishment of chapters and by the time it decided to become a chapter, chapter 18 was the next in sequence.

At least that is my understanding. Might end up in the "never ending debate" thread.

Last edited:
Wonderful personality

1373.jpg

At oshkosh '10 in aeroshell square

He is indeed a great guy. Very kind and willing to take a moment to take a picture and shake a hand.