NYTOM

Well Known Member
While watching the NASA channel today I actually got to see our resident flight director Paul Dye in action. They had the camera on his position for quite a while but I'll be damned if I could see him move. He was just resting his head on his fist while staring at his console. Didn't notice it was him at first till I recognized his flight jacket hanging on the back of his chair.
He's a lucky guy to be part of such an important project.

When my head falls off my hand, I have fallen asleep.....;)

Glad we have at least one or two folks watching NASA TV! I have the graveyard shift for a couple of days, then I have to go work mission prep for the next two flights until Thanksgiving, when I "get" to go back on and relieve some of the young guys who want to eat turkey with their families....

Paul

Last edited:
............. NASA............ mission............Thanksgiving, when I "get" to go back on and relieve some of the young guys who want to eat turkey with their families....

Paul

OK, when a Flight Director mentions 'Thanksgiving' and 'turkey' in the same paragraph, that's my signal to repost a link to the best YouTube/NASA/Turkey parady ever made.

Thanksgiving with the Kranzes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOyQ3nTDgCs
b,
dr

ps: Great launch, Iron. Love those night launches!

Thanks Paul!

Rightfully so, we always thank our service men and women, police, fire and emt officials, but rarely do we than the guys at NASA for all their efforts have produced.

Thanks for all you and your colleagues do for our future.

My beautiful rivet driving bride watched the launch from the beach in our new home town of New Smyrna Beach and said it was astounding. I am still here in MN finishing (endlessly) the RV. I will be in FL for the next one!

Doug, Thanksgiving with the Kranzes made me laugh out loud! Absolutely hilarious! Thanks for making my day!