glenmthompson

Well Known Member
My long time, extremely close friend, Jim Headberg, passed this morning. He went quickly and painlessly awaiting gall bladder surgery. He was less than a month from his 84'th birthday.
Jim, a builder of numerous planes, including the Jenny replica flown by Robert Redford in "The Great Waldo Pepper", and recently 2 RV's (at least as much as an 80 year old can build with my help). His most recent and most proud, was the RV-10 The "Monarch", painted like a monarch butterfly, 15'th "10" to fly. He will be sorely missed by all, and I cannot imagine flying the Monarch without him sitting by my side....... Jim, 3-31-24...to....3-3-08.

I cannot imagine flying the Monarch without him sitting by my side....... Jim, 3-31-24...to....3-3-08.

Your joy at knowing Jim and your sorrow and sadness at his passing came through five-by-five.

Nothing can prepare you for the loss of a close friendship. You and Jim's family will be in my thoughts.

Sincerely,

Mark Sletten

I had the privilege of meeting Jim a few years back and spent two wonderful days helping him with his RV-10, flying, sailing, and telling war stories. What a great guy and a huge loss to our community. My deepest sympathies to Brett and family and to his dear friend Glen.

Bob