lepd

I'm New Here
Does anyone have an answer or can anyone put light on a subject for me please. When a passenger sits in the RV7 or RV9, and they are about the same hieght as the pilot, there is very little room for thier feet as the rudder pedals seem to be in the way, and i can see that it will interrupt the pilot trying to control the aircraft. As the seat is close to the floor, the feet have to stay sort of 'outstretched'. Has anyone else found this or does anyone else have any solutions please such as raising the seat level or use folding-away rudder pedals?

lepd said:
Does anyone have an answer or can anyone put light on a subject for me please. When a passenger sits in the RV7 or RV9, and they are about the same hieght as the pilot, there is very little room for thier feet as the rudder pedals seem to be in the way, and i can see that it will interrupt the pilot trying to control the aircraft. As the seat is close to the floor, the feet have to stay sort of 'outstretched'. Has anyone else found this or does anyone else have any solutions please such as raising the seat level or use folding-away rudder pedals?

I'm pretty tall, so for most passengers, they don't even get to reach the peddals. But for those that do, its a non issue - I just tell them "feel free to rest your feet on the pedals, I might move them a little from time to time - just go with the flow." Before the flight I demonstrate where the toe brakes are and how pressing on the toebrakes by the passenger is not encouraged.

On a related note: I installed toebrakes so a pilot in the right seat could taxi the plane. I wish I hadn't - taxing is easy and inadvertent toebrake application by a nervous passenger could be bad. On my next RV no brakes for the right seat.

Speaking of brakes, has anyone ever installed heel brakes in an RV?

(don't mean to hijack the thread, but inquiring minds wanna know :) )