John Boden

I'm New Here
Having a very difficult time with the fiberglass top of the passenger seat back. It just will not lay flat against the bulkhead. Is this normal? Any tips?

Having a very difficult time with the fiberglass top of the passenger seat back. It just will not lay flat against the bulkhead. Is this normal? Any tips?

John - you have to place the fiberglass top by itself in the seat back opening- tape it in - and then position the seat back against it, mark how the parts align with each other with the top still flush, do your trimmimg, and then finally remove the parts and rivet the top to the seat back.

Last edited:
One assumes from what you say, you have a pre ~2007 kit?

Post 2007, the -1 fuselage uses an all metal rear seat, and seems to fit better with less effort. Might be an avenue to explore if you get really frustrated?

One assumes from what you say, you have a pre ~2007 kit?

Post 2007, the -1 fuselage uses an all metal rear seat, and seems to fit better with less effort. Might be an avenue to explore if you get really frustrated?

What are the part numbers for the all metal rear seat back? Is the lower section the same as the earlier seat? Is it just the upper section that has changed?
Charlie

Yes can someone post the part number(s) of the all metal RV-8 rear seat back please?
Mine has collapsed for the last time.
Thanks.

Rear seat part #s

F-833A Rear Seatback
F-833B-L1/R1 Seatback sides
F-833F Top web
F-833E Top panel
F-833C-1 Top flange

Mike

Rear seat is on my build radar too - has anyone tried fitting the pre-punched metal top to the pre-2007 sides and back (think they are F833A, and F833BPP L and R)? Like to use some of my old parts if possible. :)

Updating this thread, the metal seat top from the current -8 kit will fit the sides and non-punched skin of the old kit nicely.

Go slow, work up the sides, then drill the holes working outwards, and it all seems to come together well.