RFazio

Well Known Member
The local DAR, Jon Ross, came Saturday and passed my plane. He found a couple of minor things on a previous visit and I had them all ready for him Saturday. I got my pink slip. It was a pretty painless process. He was very good and really looked her over. All my airport buddies came and congratulated me and were all trying to help me finish up to fly. Lets get the cowl on! I'll get some fuel! What's left to do ?? ....... I kicked them all out. Just cause I got a pink slip doesn't mean she is ready. She is not ready till I think she is ready. I will not be rushed at this point. I'm taking my time and going over everything again.

How does she look?

planesmall1.jpg

The plane looks great, but you made the right call. No flying until you are 100% sure everything is ready, and making that decision while there are a bunch of guys milling around your hangar is not the right way to do it.

Check everything over again until you are certain that nothing will fall off :)

Just cause I got a pink slip doesn't mean she is ready. She is not ready till I think she is ready. I will not be rushed at this point. I'm taking my time and going over everything again.

How does she look?

planesmall1.jpg

Looks good! I took two months and six days after the pink slip. I figured that after 12+ years of building.................why hurry..:)

L.Adamson --- RV6A

rich would not throw us out . the heater ran out of oil and froze us out.

Make sure it's ready. AND, as important, make sure YOU are ready. Sometimes these things are best done without an audience.

Looks great by the way! It'll be a blast to fly.

I'm Ready

I've been flying. A few of my friends have RVs. One friend gives me his RV-4 and says go fly. Pretty good right! I've been trying to fly with different RV guys. Everyone flys different. I take a little from each and come up with the procedures I like.

rv6

i've watched richie finish his rv, what a great job. except for the compass card holder:>)

dan carley
rv4

Very Nice Looking 6

If you have a new engine, I would lose the wheel pants and gear leg fairings until break in. You want to run hard until she is broken in (I ran 10 hours) and you will be in the yellow arc with fairings installed limiting you if it gets bumpy. A little drag at this point is a good thing.
Enjoy the ride. Nothing like the first flight in what you built.

I like it

Well done. The paint job gives it the "fast" look. I like the way it makes the cowl look longer.

You'll find it a joy to fly.

Richard,
Great looking plane. Wishing you many happy hours of RVating. I have almost completed Phase 1 testing and I am now dreaming of a cross country to celebrate.