DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
Please confirm or deny...

The tabs and doublers indicated below are tailpipe hangars, only used with the early version of the RV-14? They are deleted if building the dual exhaust -119 version with an enclosed tunnel?

Attachments

• IMG_20220415_142048248.jpg
    IMG_20220415_142048248.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 160
I'm not yet at the level where I can confirm or deny but that exhaust hanger (F-01465) was included in the slow build RV-14 fuselage kit that I had delivered yesterday. I saw it while doing inventory.

Last edited:
The tabs and doublers indicated below are tailpipe hangars, only used with the early version of the RV-14? They are deleted if building the dual exhaust -119 version with an enclosed tunnel?

I have a “legacy” RV14/Lycoming IO390 - not an EXP119. However, I have a Vetterman exhaust (not tunnel exhaust) and a cowl flap kit installed. I can verify the hangars are not needed for anything with a dual exhaust - I had to cut mine off with a die grinder to fit the tunnel cover.

Dan. Those parts not required for EXP119. I installed parts you listed per plans prior to EXP119 option. When I decided to go with the EXP119, I did not remove them when installing the lower closeout/cowl flap assembly. I bent them slightly upward so the lower closeout panel would fit flush to bottom skin. Here's a couple pics to show parts in question.

Attachments

• DSCN8973.JPG
    DSCN8973.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN8974.JPG
    DSCN8974.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 119
Can't confirm or deny :)

I can confirm that they are for the Exhaust hanger and I can also confirm that you will get them in your kit even if you have the EXP119 which does not require them.
I did end up install them as one never know what future will bring and the holes were punched anyway so I needed to put some dummy rivet if nothing else.