cln1owner

Well Known Member
Anyone have any experience with partnerships in a project?

Is it possible to register an experimental aircraft to an LLC entity, or do the regs require it be registered to an individual?

Also, you guys building an airplane with your friend... who gets the repairmans certificate? One or both?

Pierre Smith

Private message Pierre Smith. He has experience with this subject and is an answer man.

Airplane may be registered to LLC. Only one repairman certificate per airplane. LLC members decide who gets it. Selected individual must convince the feds he/she is qualified to do condition inspection.
I have not personally been involved in a partnership, but know of several that have. It can work if operated with written rules.

I have a building partner and it has worked out well. We are building a 10 and having two sources of money really helps. You save some money but what really happens is that you end up building a really nice airplane full of avionics that you probably would not have put in there by yourself. I believe you can register it as an LLC or a corporation. Go to FAA.gov and it is all listed there under aircraft registration. Only one person can hold the repairman's certificate.