mgomez

Well Known Member
This is ringing endorsement for Tony Partain's kit shipment service.

I just took delivery of my RV-7 Quickbuild kit. Tony's driver, Diana, picked it up in Aurora on Monday and drove it across the country to my door in Virginia, delivering it on Friday. She also had a pair of RV-10s in there in one *really* long trailer! Mine was the 2nd of 3 deliveries on this run.

The kit was very securely packed and protected with moving blankets. Diana was very helpful in moving the parts to my basement, and full of useful advise. My driveway was too narrow to back up her rig, so she helped carry it across my lawn (over 100'). First, while it was still in the truck, we emptied all the stuff that was in the fuselage. Then, Diana, my brother in law, my wife, and I carried it to the basement. (Note to self: good move ordering a 2-seater...I'd hate to carry the bigger wings and fuselage.)

The cost was the same as Van's usual trucking company ($1900), but I didn't have to pay the $450 crating fee. Above all, I didn't have to rent a forklift or invite everybody I know to help move that 900 lb crate.

Diana is incredibly considerate of the airplanes. She refers to them as "my babies". She must have asked me four times if I had padded sawhorses for the fuselage and cradles for my wings. For awhile there, I had a brief moment of panic, fearing that she would judge my accomodations unworthy of "her baby" and drive away with my airplane!

From the business point of view, the whole transaction was totally painless. Tony was very accessible via email and phone. Diana answered her cell phone on the way across the country. I called Tony the same day that Van's called me to tell me my kit had arrived from the Phillippines. From the time I called Tony to the time the kit showed up at my door, 10 days elapsed.

I am very happy with my choice. Even if I lived close to Aurora, Oregon, I would rather have Partain deliver my kit...they know how.

Martin thank you for the glowing review! Diana said it the only way to deliver a plane. Take care of your customers and they will take care of you!.

I have been calling most builders after we deliver and asking for suggestions and we are getting ready to ad a list of items that the builder should have in place before delivery. This should answer most questions for the delivery process.

Thanks again!