Worked in VA

Partain delivered my kit to Northern Virginia for about the same as the alternative, ABF trucking company ($1900, if memory serves), but I didn't have to pay the $500 crating fee. And I didn't have to rent a forklift or invite every able-bodied neighbor I have to get the crate off the truck.

So in at least three cases (mine and the other two RVs that were in the truck) Partain works in the East.

mgomez said:
So in at least three cases (mine and the other two RVs that were in the truck) Partain works in the East.

I think you confirmed the point, Martin. For you, It looks like there was a nice group shipment that put extra money in Partains pocket. (no issue with that really. Go Capitalism!) :D

Right now, there was only one delivery to the east coast and it appears they would not ship until others are scheduled. :mad:

I think Partian needs to say this sort of thing up front, or take the hit as a cost of doing business with the whole community rather than just the left coast.

Good luck Salty!

Last edited:
Response

Mr Saltzman

After seeing your post I felt that this needed to be addressed. We call about 50% of our customers to check to make sure that the deliveries are done properly. We have had two damage claims over the last 12 months and they were fixed or replaced with in two weeks. So I called Vans to try to figure out what the problem was with your quote. I asked Barb what rate she gave you and it didn?t match (we work of the same rating system to keep our quotes consistent). So we went over every piece of the equation and found that we had your plane in our system as a RV 10. With the weight difference changed everything comes out as she quoted.

I made a mistake and for that I am sorry.

We try to do the best that we can to make sure that the customer is happy. In about 99% of the cases we are successful. Now back to work I have a percentage point to attain.

Last edited:
Mr. Partain's company delivered my 9A QB to Ohio this fall. It was my understanding that they had already been to the east coast and were working their way back west. Great company, great price, and a great driver that helped a lot. My only recomendation is, if you are ordering a QB kit, order the finish kit at the same time so Partain's can deliver it at the same time. You'll save money and time. Tony told me this, but it was too late for me to order it. There was a 10 week wait at the time. So now I have to pay shipping to Ohio

Mike Doyle
RV-9A
Xenia Ohio

Bill we cover everything but New England. We started that back in July or August.

I think Partian needs to say this sort of thing up front, or take the hit as a cost of doing business with the whole community rather than just the left coast.

Good luck Salty!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honesty

I recently talked with Tony regarding my fuse and getting it to Nevada. He reccomended that I not use his service as he would probably be just about the same as Vans shipping it. I looked into my other options and found that he was just about the same. He stated that he was directing his savings toward the folks in the south and east.

I was appreciative of the honesty and for that I say thanks to Tony. It is rare that a guy will talk you out of lining his pockets. Just another example of the typical RViator.

Partain Transport delivered my RV-8 QB fuselage on time and for quite a bit less than traditional freight. Aside from the fuselage coming through in pristine shape, what I'll remember is how conscientious Tony and his driver were. Just one example: The driver called me on the delivery day to ask "if it was okay" that he stop for the night due to ice on the roads and deliver the next day in daylight. The differences here? I got a call, I was asked, not told, and an honest reason was given.

Mark
RV-8, Finish Kit

Rv- shipments

Tony and his staff did an excellent job for me and I would highly recommend his services to anyone.
G.P.

Customer Service

I don't think there is a company around that has done any amount of business that hasn't had a customer complaint. It is one of the accepted problems of dealing with the public. I and many others have had outstanding service from Tony and would recommend him to family and friends. I am certain for every person that has a complaint there would be 10 more that would sing their praises.

I will be leading the choir. Thanks to Tony I have my kit (fuselage, emp, wings) along with tools and a very non-standard shipment from a previous builder. No damage, no issues, delivered when he told me and brought in through an ice storm.

Thanks Tony! :D

RV Shipment

Had nothing but "GOOD" service from Tony and his people. Delivered my 7 without any problems, on time and in good condition. Would use his company again in a heatbeat. :)

Thanks again Tony

RV Shipments

Tony,

I have never used your service and probably won't since I'm very happy with the RV I purchased. :D
However, I know several RV'ers at Pecan Plantation and Hicks Field that have used your service and were pleased with your deliveries.
You provide a great service with much less mess. I've seen the packing trash left over from the usual array of shipping crates direct from Van's. :eek:
Keep up the good work!
:)

Tony Partain said:
Bill we cover everything but New England. We started that back in July or August.

My Mistake, Tony.
N. Virginia is very close to me (70 miles) even though I'm 2 states away. With that proximity, I didn't realise there was a distinction.