drmax

Well Known Member
Anyone have alternator belt pn for standard config rv9a with o-320? Figured it'd be good to carry a spare. Also may need pn for blank plate for engine d1a for vacuum pump plug if I upgrade avionics and pump is no longer needed. As always, thank you neighbors. Dm

Last edited:
Anyone have alternator belt pn for standard config rv9a with o-320? Figured it'd be good to carry a spare. Also may need pn for blank plate for engine d1a for vacuum pump plug if I upgrade avionics and pump is no longer needed. As always, thank you neighbors. Dm

If you're going to carry a spare belt (which is a good idea), you should also carry enough tools to pull the prop so you can install it. If you land at an airport that has tools, they will likely also have the belt. There's not much point in bringing the belt if you can't install it at an off-airport location.

Same goes for tire tubes.

I have the Dayco belt number at the hangar; unfortunately won't be there until tomorrow morning. The spare belt I carry I bought at - of all places - Farm & Fleet. :) My spare Dayco toothed belt is exactly what came on my Aerosport Power IO320-D2A .
I don't carry all the tools to pull and reinstall the prop. I decided many people/places could loan me the tools to change the belt, but only a much smaller subset of them could provide the correct belt.

If you're going to carry a spare belt (which is a good idea), you should also carry enough tools to pull the prop so you can install it. If you land at an airport that has tools, they will likely also have the belt. There's not much point in bringing the belt if you can't install it at an off-airport location.

Same goes for tire tubes.
I'd have thank'd you, if you'd of answered either of my questions. Btw, I carry a spare tube. It's in my roll-around behind copilot seat.

belt

Secure a spare belt behind the ring gear, secures out of the way with plastic ties. Then you will only need the tools to loosen and retorque the adjuster link on the alternator. You can eyeball the belt tension and adjust if necessary when you get home.