GoWhere?

Friend
All,

After sitting for far too long and having new fuel filters installed my 6 was leaking excessively from the sender gasket when I added fuel back to the tank. All that fuel hitting the bucket sounded just like a stream of dimes :)

After spending lots of time in the Van's store- which is so much more usable!- I cannot find a stand-alone gasket for the fuel sender on my RV-6. The plans also don't have a part number. I see where I can get a gasket with the fuel sender, which may be a good way to go since the senders are out. Before I go that route I thought I would reach out and see if anybody knew if there was a way to get just the gasket?

I know I can make my own, but I prefer to get the part if I can.

Also, given the great time I had getting the screws out, does anybody have any thoughts on replacing the screws with bolts? 'Cause getting those back in there would be soooo much easier with a socket.

Most replace the gasket with a layer of Proseal. I used small dots of the cork material to go in between each screw to provide a defined thickness of sealant.
The rubber gaskets ALWAYS fail. It is just a matter of time. Ten years seems about average.

Yes, most also replace the screws with socket-head capscrews.

Ya know when you do a search for prior threads and user error means you don’t see the many, many threads related to your question?

I do.