danielabernath

Well Known Member
To pull out the top piano wire I took off a small rectangle.
I put that rectangle in a special place so I would not lose it.
I can't find it. CAN YOU PLEASE look on your paperwork of RV 12 give me the part number for access panel on top of plane forward of cabin to access the piano wire.
I called Vans but man said they are short handed and the the tech people are still at Oshkosh.

To pull out the top piano wire I took off a small rectangle.
I put that rectangle in a special place so I would not lose it.
I can't find it. CAN YOU PLEASE look on your paperwork of RV 12 give me the part number for access panel on top of plane forward of cabin to access the piano wire.
I called Vans but man said they are short handed and the the tech people are still at Oshkosh.

Took me a while to find it, but here you go:

F-1240B Cover Plate

TB

It is made from more than one part and will need to be assembled with rivets and have dimpling countersinking done on the screw holes (requires special tools).

My suggestion would be that you call the sales person at Van's back and order a set of plans on CD.
If you are going to work on and maintain the airplane your self, it will be just about impossible without the plans (they are considered to be the illustrated parts manual for the airplane).

It is made from more than one part and will need to be assembled with rivets and have dimpling countersinking done on the screw holes (requires special tools).

My suggestion would be that you call the sales person at Van's back and order a set of plans on CD.
If you are going to work on and maintain the airplane your self, it will be just about impossible without the plans (they are considered to be the illustrated parts manual for the airplane).

Thanks - I'm an S-LSA owner and was unable to find the build-up in the plans. In the maintenance manual this is the part number referenced.

TB

Thanks everyone. I called Vans using the plans you gave me and they are sending a new one to me. Don't have to take out a mortgage. It is $2 (two).
As soon as it arrives I am sure that the one I lost will show up. It is a nasty little game that these small parts and screws play on us. I'm wise to their tricks and am searching for the Small Parts Colony that another Vans Air Force warrior mentioned earlier.