Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
I installed a Matco parking brake unit in my 10, utilizing a left over bracket that came with the airplane. I believe the bracket was for the Fawcet style fuel pump, used if you have a carb, not used for the high pressure pump in a F.I. system.

Anyway, I mounted the parking brake unit to the bracket with a couple of nut plates, (just in case I ever need to remove it, life will be much simpler), and cut the bracket down in length to just over half-----size dictated by the brake module.

I drilled out the rivets holding the stock bracket on the firewall, where the flex hoses mate up to the hard lines.

The removed bracket was used as a drill jig to locate the holes on the unit replacing it-----not quite the correct size, but close enough.

With the parking brake bracket/module riveted back in, the lines fit perfectly----no having to re-do the lines.

Thanks

Rick, thanks for the tip, I havent gotten to the cable routing yet. I will take a look at the link you provided.

O.K., I just looked at Deems site.

Nice job on the cable bracket. I shall unashamedly copy it.

He used the same fuel pump mount I did, and for the same purpose, but a totally different execution thereof.

Thanks again for the tip, Rick.

My parking brake assembly

Guys if you want I can send you the CAD plan to produce the part.

Michael
parkingbrakeassembly3.jpg

Engine installed

Mike, thanks, I dont need a cad plan, (have no way to utilize it anyway), but I can fabricate something by looking at your photo.

My assumption is that the tabs are travel stops??

Actually as I type this, I figured out that a combination of Mike's design, and Deem's will work best.

Now you know why the Swiss make such fine watches, Michael goes all the way to make a CAD plan just for the parking brake cable. :D

brake/gust lock

a little easier way is to go to rvtraining.com and order a gust lock from alex. you can then modify it to apply the pressure to the top of the rudder pedals. you then have a parking brake and gust lock, all in one. blue skies, jeff