rwshooter

Well Known Member
I know we must carry a chute on board while performing certain menuvers but do we have to have some sort of jump training to go with it. IE: certification of some sort?

Robb.....7A wings

Rob,
A search of the archives for aerobatic parachute will get you lots of discussion on this.
Short answer is YOU are not required to have one on board or on YOU for any maneuver, nor is there any requirement that YOU know how to use it nor any requirement that YOU have demonstrated your ability to use it, nor any certification requirements.

thanks for clarifying Kahuna....was talking to an old girlfriend the other day who is a jump instructor and when she asked me about it I didnt know the answer. She's been trying to get me to jump with her for years, always looking for a way but jumping with someone I broke up with aint on my bucket list:eek:

Thanks....Robb 7A wings

Yes and pratically

Sport jumping in controlled conditions is VERY different to exiting tight cockpit like an RV that has just suffered a structural failure.

Mind you as an old skydiver I always swore i could get out of an airplane before anyone else in an emergency..So there is no knowing what you can do when the adrenalin is flowing..:)

Frank

...but jumping with someone I broke up with aint on my bucket list:eek:

Thanks....Robb 7A wings
LMAO!

One thing to keep in mind, what Kahuna said applies to you when you are solo. If you have a passenger, everyone must have a parachute.

Regarding a structural failure, chances are pretty good that should a wing snap, the G's may build so fast you could be pinned to the seat and not be able to get out.