bobmarkert

Well Known Member
I will have a PAR100EX and a GTN 650 giving me dual VHF comm. I intend to have a radio freq Flip-Flop switch on my infinity grip. Is the PAR smart enough to flip whichever comm radio is active or will I have to decide which radio to hook the flip flop switch up to? Thank You

PAR100EX Swap Switch

I will have a PAR100EX and a GTN 650 giving me dual VHF comm. I intend to have a radio freq Flip-Flop switch on my infinity grip. Is the PAR smart enough to flip whichever comm radio is active or will I have to decide which radio to hook the flip flop switch up to? Thank You

Hi Bob:

Yes, you can install a momentary switch (in your case a momentary switch inside your Infinity Grip) and flip between Com 1 and Com 2.

But I'm not sure if that is the question you are asking.

Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.
www.ps-engineering.com/par100ex.shtml

per the instal man...

... section 2.5.2 says to use the PAR com as comm2 and section 2.6.2 discusses the "Swap Mode" via a switch through pin 20, J2 (using aircraft ground). My interpretation is that it will swap between the active freqs of comm1 and comm2 only. So Bob, in your case, comm1 = GTN and comm2 = the PAR radio (M760REM).

Sounds like you want an active/stby flip-flop? Don't think it'll do that. I could be wrong though.

I'm doing similar work, except putting the swap button inside the throttle handle, so the switch will be thumb activated.

par100ex flip flop fumble

I understand the "Swap" mode where the switch changes the active transmitter between radio 1 and 2 .... but that was not what I was trying to ask.

I'm asking if the PAR100EX can send the freq flip-flop signal to whichever radio is selected as the active transmitter.

As an example if the GTN is the active transmitter and I push the flip-flop will the active/standby freqs on the GTN switch?

..and then later if the PAR is the active radio and I push the flip-flop I want the PAR100EX active/stby freqs to switch.

And if not....why not.... :)

I'm sorry to say that while it is possible to remotely swap from Com 1 to Com 2 and that our radio allows you to monitor both active and standby frequency, it is not possible to swap the active and standby of the GTN650
Mark

Mark, I still consider the PAR100EX a wonderful system and can't wait to use it airborne. Put my request on the list for consideration when you design the PAR 200EX :)

PAR100EX Active to Standby

Is it possible to swap the active and standby frequencies on the PAR100EX coms via a switch?

I know this is not quite what you want to do, but pin P1003-27 on the GTN-650 is an active/standby freq flip.

On my PMA5000EX, J2-20 is the com1/com2 flip

And on my SV-COM-425, D15-7 is the active/standby freq flip.

So it takes 3 buttons to accomplish the task that you are wanting.

Some built in intelligence in the 10000EX could reduce that to two buttons. And maybe add it to the 5000EX too! Its just a couple digital in/out pulses.