N941WR

Legacy Member
If I change my FP Catto Prop with a different FP prop, Catto or some other brand such as the new Sensenech prop, what do I have to do with my log books? New W&B? Contact the FAA and change my paperwork with them?

Also, do I have to put it back into Phase I for any length of time?

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Yes, Bill, a propeller change is considered a major modification unless it is just a replacement with the exact type (pitch change would be OK), and will require you to notify the local FSDO as per your limitations. Typically, you will have to go back into phase I for 5 hours.

Vic

Shouldn't require a complete new weighing. You should be able to just calculate the changes and enter into the logbook (i.e., empty CG is now at xx inches rather than yy inches). I have all this stuff on an excel spreadsheet, so when I moved my battery, I just took 15 pounds off where it used to be and added 15 pounds where it is now (multiplied of course by the arm).

I also figure that once I am done (ha ha) with the little modifications like moving the battery and am painted, I will probably reweigh just for my peace of mind.

cheers,
greg