avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Looking for simple, inexpensive, panel warning lights. Have 5/16" holes. I've seen what B&C has. Any other suggestions?

Also need a panel dimmer. Looking for something simple but one that won't get too hot.

Thank you one and all.

Peter K
RV-9A QB
Panel wiring

Peter,

Do the lights have to be 5/16"? If not, go to Radio Shack, they have some very nice and very small LED lights.

As for the dimmer, check with Radomir, he bought a nice one from some place. (I bought mine from Dale who bought it years ago from Electric Bob and never installed it.)

I was thinking LED's behind a semi-transparent square cover, labeled with black-over-clear Dymo labels. Anyone know where to get some blank covers? The cover could be clear with colored LEDs or color with white LEDs. I'm sure its already been done.

briand said:
I was thinking LED's behind a semi-transparent square cover, labeled with black-over-clear Dymo labels. Anyone know where to get some blank covers? The cover could be clear with colored LEDs or color with white LEDs. I'm sure its already been done.

Paul Dye has a really good write up about how he built his but I can't find it for you. Maybe Paul can help find it.

I also used the standard aircraft lights that B&C sells. I like them because they use the same bulbs that Whelen post lights use so you can swap in-flight if you have a bulb go bad. I used them in my RV-8 also and found them fine except they are too bright at night. Recently I came across some LED lights at SteinAir after the fact, they might be just right. Scroll about half way down this page... http://www.steinair.com/lights.htm
Can anyone give us a pirep on them?