Arlen

Well Known Member
As I continue looking at all the details in my quest to figure out which RV is the best one for me, I come to a question about panel size.

I read a couple places that the -6 panel is smaller than the -7.

Is this a significant difference? Would it limit glass panel upgrade options?

TIA

Arien,

If there is a difference in the overall foot print between the 6 and 7 it is minimal I am based at Arthur Dunn with a 6A and have a pretty loaded glass panel. Give me a call I can give you an up close view to better help you make a decision.

Truth be told, both are very close to the same. Yes there are slight differences, but in reality there is no "exact" same RV6 panel (as most were shipped as a large blank rectangle that the builder cutout himself). Most ended up about 11" tall, which is pretty close to the standard RV7 panel.

That said, you'll see some larger and some smaller. Most every panel we build/cut (we just simply start out with a new flat sheet) ends up customized to the exact size the builder wants/needs depending on the equipment he puts into it. You'll also see people add sub panels to the bottom of regular panels (personally my long legs aren't a fan of that), but you can pretty much do whatever you want quite easily with little expense. I certainly wouldn't make my choice between these two planes based on that...they are so close as to not make any significant difference in capability between them.

Just my 2 cents as usual.

Cheers,
Stein