Paul Austin

HI all
i am about to start mounting instruments in my panel and am struggling to find where to get the screws. I am looking for button head socket screws in SS with black oxide finish i could use steel but it would play up with the compass mcarr-master have them but apparently they dont ship to australia:(:(.
Anyone know where else i can source these from??

Paint them. Seriously. Just stick a bunch in a piece of cardboard or foam (degrease them first) and hit them with some satin black Rusoleum professional or similar. Cheap, easy, and did I mention cheap? Also, you will need a few special sizes, and this allows a lot of flexibility.

Paul,

FWIW, I used SS countersunk screws and had a bunch powdercoated to match the panel (on the same run, so minimal cost). If paint or powdercoat is not an option, and you can't find a supplier that will ship to you, let me know what to order, and I'll play middle man and get 'em and FEDEX them to you. They might end up a bit pricey, but if you have your heart set on a specific item for your panel, I can sure understand that! Panels are real personal projects...little works of art.

No mark up from me ;), and I'll see if my interline discount applies to intl shipping. Cost: 1 Tasmanian Devil :eek:...or an Aussie cold one and an RV ride over the Tasman Sea on the next visit down under. Oy Oy! :)

PM me if you'd like to look at that option.

Cheers,
Bob

Here in the US, brass button head screws painted black in the relevant sizes (mostly 6s and 8s) are a commonly available hardware store item. My whole panel is held together with them. You might try your local version of ACE, True Value or the like.

Screws

Thanks Bob
I will let you know if i want to go this route. As for the tasmanian devil we struggling to keep them alive down here they have got some disease that is killing them all.