tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
panel planning software

I remember seeing here recently a link to a new panel planning site which is free. I cannot locate that link using the search feature.

Does anyone have the link?

Last edited:
epanel builder

"Subscription based and starting at only $39.00" from the website.

I was free at one time, and was a great help in designing the panel. Several months ago they started charging a fee to use it. The subscription is only good for a few months I think. I did notice that you could take a free "test drive" of the site.

Xilo,

I am on the epanel builder site, and loaded a panel. I am unable to load instruments. Are you able to do that? When I click on the "load instruments" incon I get the drop down screen, but when click on the item nothing happens.

Are you being successful in using the program?

When you click on the instrument section you want, they will load on the screen behind the popup - so close the window after you select the group you want. You will see the instruments shown by picture on the lower right of the screen. Click on those will get them to pop into the display window to move around.

There was also a press release announced on the main site of VAF for accuracy avionics showing a new 3d panel designer that is free and looks pretty cool. But so far the site says it's still under contruction. Here's the link: 3D panel designer

In epanelbuilder.com you can work on it for free but have to start over whenver you log out (can't save your work). If you ever subscribe you will find all of your previous free creations are saved and available to work on, export, print, etc.

Mike

ePanelBuilder

You can register, and you can use it, but you don't have access to many features. You also can not save it, for updating later. $39 is cheap for software, especially when considering what the paint scheme means to your whole project. It can make or break it.

tonyjohnson said:
I remember seeing here recently a link to a new panel planning site which is free. I cannot locate that link using the search f..................Try a cardboard cutout of your panel. You make paper instruments including the backs and slide them around and celophane tape them when it looks good. Computer not needed.

If you have ms office installed you can use their Image Writer printer to print a copy of what you create on the epanel free software, then you have a saved copy of your work.