R7237

Well Known Member
Long time reader/first time posting:
Starting the planning stage for the panel (RV-7) and am seeking opinions. Although I like the Garmin G3X system, I would like to take the WX and XM Radio subscription with me, regardless of the plane. I was thinking GDU 370 (no XM) single screen as the PFD, and a panel mounted 696 (air gizmo) as the second screen (for moving map/weather/XM radio-MFD), maybe a second GDU 370 screen on the right side of the panel. Seems like the 696 is a good backup/portable/etc. Seems like flight plans on the 696 could be pushed to the 430 easily, and the AP could be driven by the 430 or GDU 370 or even the 696. Seems like engine monitoring may be the problem, as the PFD will have to display this information, and will take up desired real estate. Anyone know the configuration options for the display on a single GDU 370 and the limitations to my panel plan? Figured the opinions of such a group may save me a lot of heartache later.

Rob

You cannot push flightplans from the 696 to the 430, only from the 430 to the 696.

Also if you plan on displaying TIS traffic on the 696, you will not be able to also push FP's to the 696.