Sunriver Ken

Well Known Member
Hi guys. My purchased RV-9A has a 2003 "state-of-the-art" (sort of) IFR glass panel. I would lke to update it but $$$ prevent. That said, I need to replace the non-working 3 1/8 inch Falcon turn coordinator and will likely go to a TruTrak pictorial TC.

Plane currently has a D10A which I really like but the screen is a little small. So I started thinking about upgrading to the D100 and selling the D10A.

To do this I would need to move a couple of 3 1/8" back-up instruments and, obviously, cut a bigger hole for the D100. The TC is one of the instruments to be moved so I thought about going to the 2.25" pictorial for space considerations.

So now the questions:

I could replace the entire instrument panel but that seems like a lot of money and work. What other options do I have? Is it feasible to install a new overlay to the panel area impacted and cut the appropriate holes, etc. like you would with a new panel?

I have pictures of the current panel but have not figured out how to post with this thread. Any help or feedback is appreciated.