Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I just completed the installation of my panel lighting. It came out great and was rather inexpensive. It cost about $35.

LED-light-strip-full.jpg

In the photos below you can see where I mounted it. On the edge of the canopy glare shield is a vinyl edge guard (McMaster-Carr 8451A22). Next to the edge guard is a "D" foam gasket (McMaster-Carr 93085K11) which acts as a light shield so the pilot and passenger will not see the LED directly when turned on. Next to the "D" gasket is the LED light strip. I purchased the LED strip (RED) off Ebay and it was shipped from Hong Kong in about 7 days. The LED strip is adhesive backed and designed for outdoor use. It only cost about $4 including shipping. It was 120 cm long and I cut it down to fit.

LED-light-strip-closeup.jpg

I also purchase a panel mounted PWM dimmer on Ebay for about $25 which works great as well.

Simple, cheap and it works great.

I hope this helps someone.

Very nice Paul. Looks very professional. Please keep coming up with ideas for my plane.

Great job Paul, especially the "light gasket". Can you post a picture of it lit up in a dark shop, preferably with your panel energized? Love seeing those cool night pics.

Thanks

Thanks, I just ordered blue lights off ebay for $4.95 including shipping.

map light

I did the same thing with red lights over the panel and white light strip under each side of the panel for a map light.