Ted Farmin

Well Known Member
I would like to know what is used for the lettering to identify switches on
panels and where to get the materials.
Ted

Brother P-touch

I'll give you the "el cheapo" method. It probably ain't gonna win any awards, but it works, it's cheap, and you don't have to send your panel out to have it done. Brother P-touch, baby!

20030701_brother_pt2300.jpg

Black on clear.

20030701_labels.jpg

I'm sure you'll get advice on fancier options if you want 'em.

Another for the Brother

Prints Great, less filling.... PT-1950 I've seen them on sale for less than $50.

Last edited:
yup!

People seem to like my panel...done with the Brother! Yes, silk-screening would be nicer, but I bet you a dollar that as soon as you get the screening done, you'll want to change or add a switch, and your labels will be wrong. With the Brother - just peel it off and re-do!

Paul

The cheapest, most professional way is to make your own decals. Easy with an Inkjet or Laser (better) printer which you probably already own. You can do tests with plain paper, then commit to the decal sheets. The only color you can't print is white. Try this link for info: http://www.mcgpaper.com/decals.html

Greg Piney
RV-8 Soontobe
Setting up Shop

Any trophy shop can do engraved switch panels, and the cost is pretty cheap. I've got maybe $40 for all the little engraved switch labels on my panel.

panel1.jpg

Last edited:
gpiney said:
The cheapest, most professional way is to make your own decals. Easy with an Inkjet or Laser (better) printer which you probably already own. You can do tests with plain paper, then commit to the decal sheets. The only color you can't print is white. Try this link for info: http://www.mcgpaper.com/decals.html

I print decal sheets, using an inkjet printer on Avery "Clear Full Sheet Labels" #8665, and then spray a clear coat from a rattle can over them.

I print a border, and then cut to the boarder. You can even print colored backgrounds to hide scratches, if nesessary.

L.Adamson