Rolly9

Is there a way to do the panel lettering on my 9, other than the decal sheet one can buy from Acft Spruce? Thx. Rolly Clark

Transparent labels

I decided what size I wanted, wnat color, what font then printed it on adhesive backed peel off clear labels on 8 1/2" X 11" sheets manufactured by Avery Label (and others I'm sure). Print them, cut them, apply them to the panel and cover them with clear satin finish polyurethane. I covered my panel with wood grain formica and the poly brushed only on the labels doesn't show at all. It came out very well, the marking is very durable and I've had no problem updating to accommodate panel changes. Your results on different panel surfaces may (probably will) differ.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Labeling

I'm headed out to Office Max to get a white on clear cartridge for my Brother label maker. I have a carbon fiber panel and white on clear should work great.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

I also used my inkjet printer & the Avery clear label sheets. But used a clear spray can sealer on the completed sheet, and just let it dry overnight. My panel is a light grey, and for most of the labels, I used a rectangular border. Some lables such as V-Speeds are in different colors.

Clear labels

I even used those clear labels externally on my C150 four years ago and they are still OK.

Good deal on a label maker... just passing it along. I just bought the Brother 1950 for $50. Should have waited.

From edealinfo.com

# Brother P-Touch PT1830 Label Printer (Mfr# PT-1830) ? only $24.99 + Free Shipping

*** Super Hot Deal *** No Rebates ****

The PT-1830 is a sleek, desktop labeler that creates professional labels for virtually any office application. This new model uses the "TZ" series of laminated tapes up to 3/4" wide, but also has the ability to print on a "super narrow" (approximately 1/8") non-laminated tape that is perfect for labeling CD spines. The PT-1830 prints 4 type sizes and 9 type styles from its QWERTY keyboard. This labeler also has built-in label templates for easy labeling of CD's, VHS and audio tapes, plus others. The PT-1830 also features five "Favorite" keys that allow you to store commonly used phrases into memory and print them with the touch of a button!

Buy.com is carrying this Label Printer for only $24.99 + Free Shipping!

Note: Buy.com charges sales tax for orders shipped to California, Maryland, Massachusetts and Tennessee (More Details)!