txshan130

Well Known Member
Hi -

I just ordered DecalPro to fix up some lettering on my panel....does anyone have a Word or PDF file they wouldn't mind sharing and emailing to me? I realize some of the wording may change but it's probably pretty close and I was hoping to save a little time using someone's file...thanks in advance!

PM me and I will send you my email.

Hey Brian,

Here's what I used. Not a Word doc, so I just cut and pasted. I've repeated everything on the doc, because I went through SteinAir and they'll print whatever you can cram on a page for $25.

Panel decals
water slide type, black with clear background

Arial regular, 10-point type

MASTER MASTER

ALTERNATOR ALTERNATOR

EFIS EFIS

AVIONICS AVIONICS

NAV LIGHTS NAV LIGHTS

STROBE LIGHTS STROBE LIGHTS

LANDING LIGHT LANDING LIGHT

CABIN LIGHTS CABIN LIGHTS

BOOST PUMP BOOST PUMP

ALTERNATOR BREAKER ALTERNATOR BREAKER

ELEVATOR TRIM UP DOWN ELEVATOR TRIM UP DOWN

FLAPS UP DOWN FLAPS UP DOWN

USB USB

ELT ELT

AUDIO INPUT AUDIO INPUT

THROTTLE THROTTLE THROTTLE

MIXTURE MIXTURE MIXTURE

CABIN HEAT CABIN HEAT

OIL PRESSURE OIL PRESSURE

CYLINDER HEAD TEMPERATURE CYLINDER HEAD TEMPERATURE

OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF

????-?? OFF ??-????

???????????????? OFF ????????????????

check with Stein

I think it's closer to $55 a sheet as of last month or so. I just asked recently as I consider my own options.

fonts etc.

If you are tight for space, consider the condensed version of the same font ( typeface), or use title case....capital first letter, then lower case. the small letters are just as legible, and will take up less space.
for highway signs, I use upper & lower case on everything, due to the improved legibility & recognition time.

funny eh? the auto industry has gone to a lot of symbology on their panels, ( some good, some not!) but not so much aircraft.
Probably some European kitplane has this, and I just haven't noticed yet.

I bought a BEE 3 label maker. It has been worth it's weight in gold! I really like that it will print shrink tubing so I can label wires. I made the labels for my panel as well.

from Stein, couple weeks ago:

Yes we can make water slide decals for you. The cost is $25 per 8 ? x 11 sheet. Please send me a Microsoft Word document just as you want it printed. Please leave a 1? margin on all sides of the sheet. Tell us if you want the sheet printed in black or white.

Phil Barnette
Bountiful, UT
RV-10 finishing

Very good

...but I know I was on the phone with the man himself when he told me 25 and then corrected himself to 55 on the decal sheet.

Regardless, UPS makes way more profit from my dozens of SteinAir orders than Stein does :eek: If only I could know ahead of time all the tiny bits I was going to need for this panel project, I'd save beaucoup shipping.

Thanks again everyone...I think I almost have what I need but keep 'em coming! I will be compiling everything that I receive and making a master document for others to use in the future. If anyone reads this thread later on and is in need of panel lettering templates, PM me and I'll pass on what I have.

Group Contract Available?

<snip > If only I could know ahead of time all the tiny bits I was going to need for this panel project, I'd save beaucoup shipping.

Amen, brother!!

I try to keep shipping to less than 20% of the product. I think the RV world should have a UPS Commercial account for a hefty discount!! I am thinking a "Group Contract" :D