Snoho3

Well Known Member
I'd like to start laying out panel options for my -9A - can anyone recommend any independent software/programs which would allow me to do that? Then hopefully print and paste full size paper cutouts to the actual panel for a full size evaluation? Or do I have to cobb together the various pieces from various websites?

If I have to do this using a pencil, I'm gonna end up with a funny looking panel...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Lars

I've seen quite a few positive posts for up north aviation, and I plan to use them soon when I get to that point. And they are VAF advertisers!

Jay

I've used http://www.xpanelsoftware.com and it is pretty intuitive. Last time I used it there was only 1 RV panel but you may be able to call them to get your type. The thing I really liked about it was the library of instruments to drag and drop was pretty extensive (at the time I used it) and it provided a cost breakdown of each instrument that you dragged in to your panel.

There are several others out there that I haven't tried... like panel planner.com .
Of course there is the really precise way which is to use several of the CAD programs and download the template cad file from vans site.

I've seen quite a few positive posts for up north aviation, and I plan to use them soon when I get to that point. And they are VAF advertisers!

Jay

I second the recommendation for UpNorthAviation. He did my panel swing out for the 5 Dynon pieces. there is no way I could have done the cut out as nice as he does!

Full size images at Cheif

I downloaded full size images of all of my instruments from
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/ and layed out my panel.

I did all the cutting myself, used an instrument punch for the round stuff and a jig saw and file for all the square stuff. I was worried about it looking good, but it turned out perfect!

You can see the pictures and process on my web site. I also used plexiglass for my first trail when I went from rounds to glass last year. Even flew with it like that to insure it all was going to work and where I put everything is where I really wanted it. Worked great.