agirard7a

Well Known Member
I came up with this switch layout design that prints on standard exterior grade sign vinyl or on plastic sheet. The background of carbon fiber is optional as most any color (or clear) of background and lettering. This is a standard layout for switches from the Vans 7/9 panel plan with 1" on center spacing between the switches. 1 1/2" between boost pump and primer to allow for the sub panel support. I added an additional switch for an engine primer and added 3" on center for the flap switch. Overall dimensions are 1 1/4" high x 16 1/2". These can be customized for your switch layout. I can add the switch centers and this will be ideal as a template for layout before you drill and stick it on. Still needs a little tweaking. Email me if you’re interested. Al [email protected]

10de9p5.jpg

255lxso.jpg

r2tdgi.jpg

286wh9d.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Great!

There are several approaches that are inexpensive and handy. This is definitely one. (Full disclosure: I own a bumper sticker website, so am biased.)

The other approach that I used in my flying plane was to print in reverse on a piece of clear plastic that was laser-printer safe. Then I trimmed to size -- something similar to your design -- and then attached it to the panel with Scotch tape (the good stuff that stays clear. It's hard to see the tape, and result has been in service for almost 10 years with no issues of any sort.

Mike

bump

Wanted to show a pic of the label on the panel. black looks nice with
the mahogany. Anyone have a Dynon D100 for that hole?

Last edited: