lbgjb

Need to label my panel. Don't want to use any kind of 'stick' on labels--any suggestions and/or pictures?? thanks. lbb

Larry i just labeled my panel with decalprofx and it turned out great.
Check out 4sierratango.com web page Dave has a write up about it that he used.
And Frank is great help if you have any questions with the decalpro system.

I just went down to the local engravers and had them make me up a bunch of labels for switches etc. on black anodized aluminum (to match my anodized panel). You could also use a variety of different labels that your local engraver probably has, or could provide him/her with panel material to etch/engrave with whatever you want.

greg

http://www.avgrafix.com/

I had great results with Denny at www.avgrafix.com. He's great to work with, good quality work, fast, and has very reasonable rates.

I sent him my switch layout using the drawing function on Excel. He sent me back a full size pdf file that I could cut out and fit check on my panel. We went back and forth a couple of times until I was happy with the layout. Then I had him laser 1/8" diameter holes in the switch plate where the switches are. All I did when I received the plate was to stick it on my panel with double stick tape and drilled through the plate and the panel, opening up the holes to the same size as the switches. Since we had quite a bit of set up work, I'm thinking the switch plate was about $40.

For the fuel selector plate, I took an existing plate design that Denny had on his web site and modified it slightly. I think the cost for that was only $15 since he didn't have to do much design work.

A couple of months later, I decided to change my switch layout due to the fact that I added a Safety Trim. Since he already had my file in his computer, the change was very quick and easy. I'm thinking the second one only cost about $20. The holes in the new switch plate were exactly where the ones were on the first plate. All I did for the second one was to open up all the 1/8" holes in the plate to the size of the swiches and everything matched up perfectly!

I checked a local trophy shop and they told me the set up cost would be $80 so avgrafix was a deal.

img2122uu6.jpg

img2120ao8.jpg

Last edited: