mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Seems like a dumb question, but...

The panel has been in and out a few times, usually with some faffing around with the support angle.

Now it's been cut for the instruments, I want to paint it, rivet the support and fix it in prior to the front panel.

Has anyone managed to put all the rivets in AND get it into the fuselage, or are you left with a handful of rivets to buck and touch up afterwards ?

Seems like a dumb question, but...

The panel has been in and out a few times, usually with some faffing around with the support angle.

Now it's been cut for the instruments, I want to paint it, rivet the support and fix it in prior to the front panel.

Has anyone managed to put all the rivets in AND get it into the fuselage, or are you left with a handful of rivets to buck and touch up afterwards ?

I assume that you're talking about the left and right instrument sub panels? If so, you can leave the 4 center rivets out (two just left of center and two just right) to give you enough flexibility to install it. These can be hand squeezed after installation and leaving those 4 unpainted is no biggie because the main panel covers them when it's installed. Also, be sure to file open the slots that slip over the upper longerons enough so that you don't ding them up when installing the sub panels.

Skylor

Panel

I made some "overlays" for the two side pieces that get riveted to the airframe . They are .025 alum , used the factory pieces as templates . My thought is I can paint the pieces with the panel outside the plane .Made some extras for future panel changes .
Tom

Re tried it today prior to painting and found that it fit with a bit of tweaking and bending, so panic over.

Thanks for the input guys.