ARPENN

Well Known Member
While preparing to install the Canopy I noticed three nutplates were missing. Can anyone tell me when the three nutplates get installed in the aft flange of the Panel Base? These nutplates are shown on Pg. 29-04 of rev.3, fig. 4. as leave open. Does something attach there when the Avionics Kit is installed?

Art Pennanen

Yes, those nutplates hold clamps for your throttle/choke/heater cables later on. They came out with a revision telling you to put them on before doing all the radios etc. I'll look later and see if I can find the page. You can put the nutplates on at anytime.

While preparing to install the Canopy I noticed three nutplates were missing. Can anyone tell me when the three nutplates get installed in the aft flange of the Panel Base? These nutplates are shown on Pg. 29-04 of rev.3, fig. 4. as leave open. Does something attach there when the Avionics Kit is installed?

Art Pennanen

Hi Art,
Those holes marked as leave open are not going to have nutplates. The avionics switch panel which sandwiches the flange has standoffs which the panel screws for those holes will screw into.
Pete is refering to the nutplates in the middle of the panel base which are shown on rev. 3 with nutplates. An earlier drawing left these open.
Tony

He said flange..
I assume he is talking about the nutplates that a change was issued to not install because of a interfearance with the switch panel.

Nice save Tony, Scott...I saw "panel base" and missed "flange" all together...as they say, read thoroughly! Thanks!

Thanks guys,
I left the nutplates on the Panel Base open for now.
Having fun with the Canopy frame. The front bow was just about right on and the rear bow fit the Roll Over Bar for the most part. What's giving me fits is the frame is bowed out on the sides about an 3/16" on each side and had a gap of 1/16" to 1/4" on the bottom. Mr. Hammer took care of that. Another dose of baggage strap should get the sides in check.
Got a couple of Zenith 601 victims (no their wings didn't fall yet) coming over from Maine on Saturday to look at my project, so I'll need to get things spiffied up.

Art Pennanen