miyu1975

Well Known Member
I am about to cut 2 access panel for my 7. I recall seeing a thread about this in the past but cannot find it. Does someone have or recall the link. I was hoping to get some ideas before I start cutting.

P1010716.JPG

Mine are laid out (and installed) just like yours ...same size, same location. I'm happy with 'em.

ah yes..thanks that's the link was recalled seeing before. What are yall using to seal the access panels for leaks?

I know one ...

....builder who used non-hardening Permatex on his. Said it gives him a perfect seal, and as seldom as he takes the covers off, little inconvenience.

Like Scott, I put a bead of proseal under some plastic cling wrap (like Saran Wrap) and screwed down the panels, through the plastic wrap, and let it set up for a few days. Then unscrewed the panels, peeled off the plastic wrap and let the proseal cure some more. Seems to work fine as a gasket. I used proseal rather than RTV or similar because 1) I had it around; and 2) I figured if some got onto the skin it would not make the skin unpaintable (whereas the RTV apparently causes all sorts of problems).

Cheers
greg