Tom McCutcheon

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if and how to get XM aviation weather on a palm pilot or similar. I'm just wondering if someone who doesn't want to go to the expense of a Garmin 396/496 or such can get this information on another deviced and at a price that is more reasonable than what they charge for the Garmin products at around $50 bucks a month?

Any other information such as specific software etc. would also be helpful, assuming it's available.

Thanks

I really like the Palm as a platform but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of weather support out there. This site offers some options for connecting your Palm to the internet while in flight. I've found some of the links to be dead so not sure how current the info is. This site offers some cool aviation products in a Palm size format. It has the standard satellite and radar imagery but you can't overlay your position on it.

I use Co-Pilot for flight planning and Flight Master for moving map/navigation on my Palm T3. Now that Flight Master has terrain I'm hoping it's just a matter of time before he adds weather.

*Edit* I just found this software which seems to be more in line with what you may be looking for.

Last edited:
There is an XM product called Aviator Lite, which is $30/month. I believe the only deletion between it and the $50/month version is satellite clouds, cloud tops, winds aloft and lightning.

I thought that I had heard someone say that they could get weather on their i-pod or telephone in the air for only about $5.00 per month. Everything that I have looked at is $30 to $50 per month on a one year subscription. Therefore you pay for 12 month when you might only need it for three.

Also, to delete the winds, cloud cover, and tops pretty much makes it useless.