dustman

Well Known Member
Before I went out and bought one I thought I would check to see if there were any builders in the Jacksonville area that might have a supplied air resperator for painting urethane paint that I could possibly rent or buy. Thanks

Check the RV list archives. You can build yourself a fresh air respirator in a couple of hours and for under $50 in materials.

I built one, only mine is wood instead of metal. I also scored a very high quality full face mask and hose off of Ebay. I'm pretty sure it's for firefighters and I think I only paid about 20 bucks for it. The whole deal probably set me back about 60 bucks and works perfect. I absolutely love having fresh air when painting. My only regret is all the times I painted using a charcoal mask only. Even with non-urethane paints, I can't imagine the filters doing a perfect job and I know that after a long painting session I used to feel like heck. Buy or make one -- you won't regret it.

On mine, all I did was wire a two prong cord to the motor and fiberglass wrap a plastic cup to serve as a reducer between the fan outlet and the flex hose to the mask. No need to build an enclosure, add a switch, or anything...