About $900

If you do it yourself, not counting the 400 hours of prep and paint time...:)

Frank

6 to 8k for a pro job, generally speaking. I have seen some go for less and I have seen some go for more. Final cost depends color, complexity of design, and amount of extra body work needed. When thinking of going cheap remember, you get what you pay for. Hope this helps. :)

KTM520guy said:
6 to 8k for a pro job, generally speaking. I have seen some go for less and I have seen some go for more. Final cost depends color, complexity of design, and amount of extra body work needed. When thinking of going cheap remember, you get what you pay for. Hope this helps. :)
ROGER THAT!!!!

I painted my 7 myself. Actual cost of materials was about $2K. Fortunately, I had the guidance and use of Rob Drew's auto body shop. Rob has painted many custom cars, trucks and motorcycles. He has the best equipment available.

Now the tough part, time!!!! I figure I have 500+ hours in the prep and painting. After prepping, priming, sealing and base coat of white I timed how long it took to mask the fuselage design for colors, 66 hours. Add in about 30 more hours of masking in between the other 3 colors. Lots of work.

I got some informal quotes on my design with 4 colors. They started at about 9K and went up from there. More if I didn't do the prep work.

It is ALL LABOR!

I plan on doing mine myself at the tech school I work at. I expect to pay about $2,000 for the materials also, like Darwin said.

When you hire a painter, take the price with a grain of salt. What you are really paying for is the INDIVIDUAL and THE SHOP!

Ususally a painter with quality, professionalism and a reputaion comes at a cost. That is what you are paying for.

;) CJ