Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
We are now busy priming all components on the outside and doing the final prep before painting. Looking at the fuel tank screws - does one put them all in and paint over it all or do you paint the screws on their own?
One idea I had was to back off all the tank screws by one or two threads and then paint amd tighten again after a few days curing time. Any help will be much appreciated.

Painting

I found it easiest to unscrew the threads about two or three turns, leaving them in the nutplate and then screwing them back in after the paint has cured. Doing that will not chip the paint if you need to unscrew the screws later on in the future to do any work on your tanks.

Janekom said:
We are now busy priming all components on the outside and doing the final prep before painting. Looking at the fuel tank screws - does one put them all in and paint over it all or do you paint the screws on their own?
One idea I had was to back off all the tank screws by one or two threads and then paint amd tighten again after a few days curing time. Any help will be much appreciated.

Yes that works.
And push a bunch into cardboard and paint extras. You will nee them.

screws

I painted my tanks seperate from the rest of the wing...Then screwed the tank on with cs SS torx screws...looks nice and matches the cowl camlocks

Frank
Waiting for a call back from the FAA.