rsr3

Well Known Member
Well… something I’ve pondered for a while. Do I paint the inside of the vent ducts before installing them or will my painter be able to get far enough inside them to do a decent job when the painting of the airframe begins?!

Alternatively, should I leave them off until I’ve decided on colours, then paint the ducts off the aircraft, finally installing them to the airframe before painting? But that would still need to be done before riveting top skin on!

Well… something I’ve pondered for a while. Do I paint the inside of the vent ducts before installing them or will my painter be able to get far enough inside them to do a decent job when the painting of the airframe begins?!

Alternatively, should I leave them off until I’ve decided on colours, then paint the ducts off the aircraft, finally installing them to the airframe before painting? But that would still need to be done before riveting top skin on!
I painted mine with plastic-bonding paint/primer just to make sure the topcoat wouldn’t come off later. Might not be necessary, but it made me feel better and was easy to do before attaching them.

I painted mine before install but they are not difficult to install. Do yourself a favor now and find the exact mounting location. Draw a circle inside so you can easily mount them. When the time comes, buy a bunch of neodymium magnets. Apply some proseal to each surface. Stick it on. Put magnets inside and out till cured.