walkman

Well Known Member
In redoing my engine baffle seals a few weeks ago I found the wear and dirt marks on the inside of the top cowl very useful for identifying problematic areas of the seal. The marks on the cowl clearly showed where potential cooling air was lost through improperly sealing areas.

Now that I've redone the baffle seals, I'd like to shoot some new paint in there and see if there are any more remaining leaks or other problem areas.

I was planning on shooting one quick coat of white krylon enamel out of a rattle can just around the area where the baffle seat contacts the top cowl.

Anyone see any problem with this?

I painted my airbox with Krylon...

...it had poor resistance to fuel and other liquids under the cowl. The Pettit one-part polyurethane that I used on the inside of the cowl has lasted very well.

Regards,

So long as the krylon won't catch fire, smoke, or dissolve the fiberglass resin it will be fine. I want it to mark up, rub, catch dirt etc to show me where it's not sealing.

redo the baffle seals

In redoing my engine baffle seals a few weeks ago

I would like to redo my baffle seals as well. As I am not the builder of my RV9 I was looking for some pictures how do cut the pieces around the cowl inlet and do it right. The old ones are not a good example. :confused: Would you help me with some photos. I appreciate all your advices.

Thanks Pit