avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Hi all-

Just picked up my 9A from the paint shop this past weekend. I wanted to let you all know what a TERRIFIC experience I had with BOBBY POTTS of TUSCALOOSA INTERIORS!

I brought the a/c down to his shop for an estimate. We chatted about some general issues and then I pointed out all of my goofs in the aluminum and the fiberglass so that Bobby would know exactly what needed to be done and could provide a price that both he and I could live with. He did just that. He said that a/c would be ready in four weeks. He was easy to talk with and seemed to know a lot about RV's. He has been painting aircraft for a long time!

So what did I find when I came to pick up my baby? A MASTERPIECE! I had done a lot of research and looked at a lot of paint jobs at Oshkosh and Sun'N'Fun and I must say that Bobby is right up there with the best of them!
Bobby uses PPG and a clearcoat. The finishing work that he did was incredible! It made me look like I did a really good job on the fiberglass! He replicated my design plan to perfection. The plane was ready on time. The price he quoted me was what I paid! TOTAL SATISFACTION!

I would HIGHLY recommend Bobby to anyone who needed their RV painted. He does NOT do stripping so this is mainly for those of you with newly completed aircraft.

If anyone desires more info please do not hesitate to e-mail me at
[email protected]

Peter K
9A-95 hrs

Last edited:
Not sure how to go about posting photos. As far as I can tell I do NOT have the privilege of posting attachments.

Peter K
9A

Thanks for the recommendation, Peter. It's always good to who does great paint work. The sad fact is, you can do FABulous workmanship building an RV, but at Fly-ins and OSH what most people "see" is the paint job.