conlimon

Well Known Member
hey all -
I'm a -10 builder in the LA area, and i'm toying with the notion of painting parts of the AC that i'm done with so that when it comes time for final assembly, when it's together, it's already painted. i know that you'll suffer the inevitible dings, and that i might have to re-paint some things that i change after flying, but other than that, is there a good reason not to do this? also, i'm trying to track down a paint shop with some RV experience in the area - anyone got a recommendation?

thanks
cj
fuse

Flying Kolors

Rosie said:
Flying Kolors has LOTS of RV experience and has painted a couple of planes that have won awards at Oshkosh :D Rosie

... and my Grumman Tiger painted by Steve at Flying Kolors just won the People's Choice award at the AYA (Grumman) convention last week in Fredricksburg, TX....

He's also painted 3 Grumman's and 5 RV-6's (including a Tucson one) I know of... and all were happy customers...

He likes the owner/builders to personally do the removal and re-installation of control surfaces, canopies, etc.... Some painters don't like owners working in their shops....

gil in Tucson