Tom Delaney

Well Known Member
I can't quite figure out (happens way too frequently ;)) if the pitot tube gets routed through the cushion clamp attached to the engine mount standoff.
I am getting pretty good at installing them but that doesn't mean I want to do any more than necessary!

Thanks,

Hey Tom - -

Where does the 45 ( A ) page come from ? I have a 45-06 page, but it is about wiring at a glance. ? ? ? ?

John Bender

Yes it does. Look, for example, on page 45-07 showing the master and starter relays.
That clamp is a bit of a "fell in the cracks" thing. The engine installation section assumes it is already installed. But that is covered in the OLD section 42 for the original D-180 avionics. You can download that section from Vans website.

Where does the 45 ( A ) page come from ? I have a 45-06 page, but it is about wiring at a glance. ? ? ? ?

John Bender

Hi John,

This section does relate to routing wires through the firewall. I am assuming the "A" indicates Skyview related.

These wiring harnesses are routed through the cushion clamp mentioned above.I looked at a couple builders logs and found one where the pitot tube goes through the clamp and where it did not, hence the confusion.

The next time your flying close to St Louis let me buy lunch..

Tom